Back, Muscle and Joint Pain Specialists
Call: 020 8664 1720
Dr Wing Chu
Dr Wing Chu
Consultant in Musculoskeletal, Sport & Exercise Medicine
Dr Wing Chu is a Consultant in Musculoskeletal, Sport & Exercise Medicine (SEM) who works both in private medicine and as a Consultant in the NHS.
Dr Chu has extensive experience in treating a wide range of patients from elite and recreational athletes across a variety of sports, to military personnel and individuals with age and work-related injuries. He specialises in treating all joint, muscle and soft tissue conditions. He is experienced in diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound, ultrasound guided injections, shockwave therapy, dry needling, dance medicine and football medicine.
He is currently a Team Doctor for West Ham United FC and for the England Football Association.
Prior to his career as a specialist, Dr Chu worked as a qualified General Practitioner in the UK.
- Neck, back, bone and joint pain
- Soft tissue (muscle, ligament and tendon) pain
- Sleep, nutrition, posture, stress, and mental health as causes of musculoskeletal pain
- Regenerative medicine
- Biomechanical and functional assessment
- Exercise and lifestyle assessment and prescription
- Dance and performing arts medicine
- Football medicine and sports injuries
- Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Ultrasound-Guided Joint Corticosteroid Injections
- Ultrasound-Guided Soft Tissue and Tendon Sheath Corticosteroid Injections
- Ultrasound-Guided Hyaluronic Acid (viscosupplementation) Injections
- Ultrasound-Guided Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
- Ultrasound-Guided Shoulder Hydrodistension/Hydrodilatation Injections
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Dry Needling (Medical Acupuncture)
- Outside of work, Dr Chu is married and has a young daughter. He enjoys climbing, skiing and scuba diving
- Physician in Sport and Exercise Medicine, RRU Colchester (Ministry of Defence)
- Doctor at Tottenham Hotspur FC, Chelsea FC and Millwall FC
- Medical officer at the European Gymnastic Championship
- Medical Officer at the IAAF World Athletics Championship
- Medical Officer at the London Marathon
- Medical Officer at the London Triathlon